Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Self remembering

As many of you know, much of the day is spent on the telephone with people who call for information on their situation at the moment. It is interesting to note that the information people request is basically about something they have made important, and have become very anxious over, and sometimes very ill from the anxiety.
What has been made important frequently relates to the four dual basic urges and the master decision on the picture of man. A person has made it important that they receive more attention so that they cease being ignored in the least iota. Or that they have more approval and an absence of any disapproval. Or that they are appreciated whether they do anything to gain any or not; and of course more entertainment and less discomfort from making things important!
This week the greatest number of calls has been how to make somebody quit rejecting "me"This seems to be a very powerful motivator to do anything and everything wise, unwise, frantic, panicsville, which of course interferes in every facet of the person's life. What can we talk about? What are we making important and can we change anything? Or can I take charge of my inner feelings by taking charge of my actions?
So, essentially the work on the phone is to remind the caller of a fundamental idea of the Teaching that they already know but have totally forgotten. SELF REMEMBERING is the key to eliminating all these stressful situations. Remembering WHAT I AM, WHERE I AM, WHAT'S GOING ON HERE, and WHAT CAN I DO? I can also take charge of my inner state of being and contribute to a pleasant, harmonious mood wherever I am, which will result in "me" feeling serene and peaceful, or enthusiastic, as the case may be. Really nothing needs to be changed but-WAKE UP! Being awake means to be in a state of self-remembering.

No comments:

Post a Comment