Friday, April 8, 2016

From Gibson notes

Teaching idea # 322. We are spiritual beings only when we are responsible.

Responsible - is what I am for my actions, feelings, responses etc.
Duty- is what I have for work I accept, agreements I make with others. I can take on or lay down duties.

To confuse another persons responsibility with "my" duty creates untold misery.
Many people are stimuli response organisms. They disclaim responsibility for their actions, feelings, and responses, and blame others. When two or more of these organisms are in a relationship, there is chaos. If one should discover freedom, all this changes for the seer. The stimuli response organism is responsible to grow beyond. No one else can do it for another. (my duty to discuss)

The only way to harm another person other than physical violence, is to believe, suggest, and/or act as though the other person is not responsible for all their states, other than outside physical violence.


Rights-that which I do not have
Privilege-That which I have and and can maintain, enhance, and gain more of by my own effort.
To confuse privileges with rights is the best known way to lose privileges.

Freedom-is to choose my response, if any to any stimuli

The more responsibility one accepts (for oneself) the more powerful one is.
If we agree to be responsible, we are able to experiment with energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment