Sunday, March 11, 2018

Expectations

A. Expectations based on misconceptions leads to disappointment

1. That people will do what is right if they know what is right.

2. That other people know how they make me feel and they will help me.

3. That if I complain, I will get my way.

4. That if I can get my own way, I will be non-disturbed.

5. That if I please people, I will be non-disturbed.

6. That if I please people, they will do what I want.

7. That I can change myself if I make up my mind.

8. That I have rights other people should respect.

9. That I would be happy if other people or something were different.

10. That others will accept my conclusions and reasons.

B. Anticipation based on illusion leads to anxiety

1. Any unanswerable question leads to anxiety, any "what if?"

C. Expectation and anticipation can be made conscious

1. When they are made conscious, justification based on illusions vanishes, bringing false expectations to an end.

D. Expectation based on fact leads to creative action

1. The fact is that the world is populated with infants in grown bodies with some technical education.

2. The fact is that people can never do anything, which at the moment of doing, they do not feel is right or proper or justified.

E. Anticipation based on fact leads to the joy of experiencing

1. The fact is that each experience is perfect for the time and place, even though it may not suit our taste or be without discomfort.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for all the work you put into us love it and you ill use this to work on bonnie

    ReplyDelete