Saturday, March 26, 2011

purpose of the work (pt. 3)

(cont'd) and you can say that's a living tree, or if it dies the leaves wilt in a matter of a few minutes and they all fall off real quick and the wood dies and it rots out and it all dries up. So we can see that very quickly and I don't think anybody here would have any difficulty seeing whether something was dead or alive, would you Neil? You can usually figure that out, okay? So whatever that is, is life, and I don't know what life is, except that I can see it function. I can see some of the things it does but I don't what it is that does that. Life has certain signs that always follow it. One thing it eats. It always gotta have some food. It has to have an ingestion of certain products or it doesn't keep going. It adapts to various and sundry things like environment to a jillion other things it adapts to some of them very unpleasant. Now there's also always a function going. You cannot be in the case of doing nothing. Every once in a while I say to someone 'What are you doing?' and they say 'Nothing.' But they obviously are doing something, they're breathing, they're having various and sundry chemical functions going on in the body, they're usually thinking something, possibly not very pleasant stuff, but they're thinking anyway. And, each one of us exists in an environment. And each of us is the center of our own environment. Is that right? It's the center. Everything's out from you. So from the environment, everything from the environment, we receive impressions. We get various sense reactions from the environment. I sense a person there I say Hello. I sense the light turns red in front of me,and  I stop the car.  I sense there's a black and white car down the road and I check the speedometer to see it's somewhere between 55 or 60. There's all sorts of impressions we receive constantly, some of them we put a little value on and some we don't.  So let's say there's an impression come in that I put a value on, and I have a feeling about it. Now this is man as he can be. Drawing the picture of man as he really is we put feeling and or emotion there. But right now we're sticking with feeling. 'Cause we're talking about a picture of a person who is all in one piece. So that goes to X, life. And life immediately decides the appropriate thing to do for this feeling. And it sends an impulse to the physical body and we have an action that comes out of it. So if I picked up this eraser and I throw it at Bill over here, and he saw so something and he's known long enough to know I probably would throw it, and clobber him with it, he  put up a defense immediately because that would be the appropriate thing to do. So this is the message from X to the physical body to do something and the function comes about. Now that function is always appropriate for this feeling. Those are the ones that go together. Now for instance if someone was playing a little trick on you and  put a toy or a make believe snake down here in the corner of the room and you put a little buzzer on it like a rattlesnake and you came up on it. At first glance what kind of feeling would you put on it, huh? (fear probably) Fear or an anxiety or a desire to protect yourself. Is that right? And no doubt you would jump to get away from it. Now that's the appropriate action for the information received. Now it wasn't the appropriate action for a rubber snake is that right? But it was for what you perceived. Now what we perceive is colored by certain ideas that we've had all of our lives, that we refer to as conditioning. That you've been conditioned that snakes are dangerous, right? So you dodge 'em a little bit so they can have all the space they want and you won't intrude upon their space. Is that about right? That's one thing you don't get in their space with. So we have a cycle that we could put in a little (inaudible) form that looks something like this

1 comment:

  1. Hi RRG, I appreciate that you're putting all this fine dr. Bob material on this blog. I do wonder where you took these talks from. It would be nice if you could add what year and place f.e. Did you transcribe 'm yourself from old tapes? I'm sure you are familiar with all the transcriptions from Marsha Summers on marshasummers/innerman. Are yours from other material? Thanks for answering my question. All the best, Bye Bart

    ReplyDelete