Saturday, July 27, 2013

Living the spiritual life excerpt

Audience member says "They have the power"...
(Robert responds)
Do they? Do they?
Does anybody have any power over you except the guy carrying the gun? That, unless you give him the authority to have power over you? (audience member says no, not in that respect) 
Okay, so now let's say the lovely lady sittin by the side of you would dissaprove of you if you did so and so, would that be havin' power over you? (only if I want it) well, you just didn't make it important whether she approved or dissaproved you could just go on about your business, is that right? (audience guy says something like if she really doesn't want me to I won't do it) Right that's a good way to make her responsible instead of you. So you know, we are always running around here seeing who we can make responsible for me. Right? There isn't anyone out there who's responsible for my inner state, what I do or don't do, yes we do have officials who see that we don't do things, or get stopped if we do things that are harmful to other people, but they don't care as long as I keep my nose clean and don't bother anybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment