Sunday, July 21, 2013

Notes from 1977

STATEMENTS

Most people spend their time defending their view of themselves. They are totally unconscious of it.
The only thing anyone can do is make statements whether written or spoken. This includes the 'Not I's'.

It is entirely my responsibility as to how I handle these statements from within and without.

I can see it has no value to my purpose, or
I can see that it has a value to my purpose.
I do not have to defend self from any statement.
I do not have to analyze it.
I do not have to interpret it.
I do not have to reject it.
I do not have to accept it.

The end result is that I have accepted certain statements as true or valid to me and this is what I live by. This is my Truth.

I do not have to sell it to anyone else. I do not have to convert anyone else. Above all, I know that it has absolutely nothing to do with what is ultimately true - if there is such a thing as ultimate truth.

For instance:

I have heard that "most people are stupid bastards", and I have heard that "all humans are Christ incarnate, thus everyone is Christ playing a role to see if I can recognize Him in that role."

I have no idea of determining the validity of either statement. However, at various times in my life, I have lived as though each statement were true for a given length of time - have accepted it as being true and have lived by it.

I much prefer the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment