Friday, May 2, 2014

Sedona '90 excerpt

(audience member asks what a "not-I" is)
Well ah there's thoughts that goes on in your head and ideas that pop in there and that is not you. They're from theses things here which are merely ghosts of ideas rising up again  'cause you didn't have any evaluation okay? So, if I said to you today, "Your hair is snow white" you would go look and evaluate and say well that's a big lie, and go on about your business. But if you were told that when you were a child, that it's important to have my way now, and it's important to complain to get my way, it's important to please them, it's important to believe and do as I am told by my authorities, they'd be in there working and they come up at the least touch and say so now. And people take those as some sort of inward meaning that they have to do it. But it's just a not-I talking. So we call it not-I because it's not you it's only ah, an old thing that's sittin' there that activates a belief (last word of sentence inaudible). Does that help a little bit? (audience: yeah) Okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment