Friday, January 7, 2011

What am I doing?

You know you get to see what you're really doing it all for. Is that right? We're trying to gain pleasure and escape pain on all levels, and we call that love, we call that religion, we call it many things, but all it is is lust, for pleasure and escaping pain on all levels, psychologically and physically we want to gain attention and approval, and we want to gain physical pleasure and we want people to tell us how important we are and how we are not inferior any more is that right? So if I should truly see this is what I'm doing, and not try to tell myself some other motive, you're telling yourself the truth, and you quite lying to yourself. When you quit lying to yourself a transformation takes place. You don't have to do a thing in the world about it. A transformation takes place. When we can truly see that all our motive for all our studying,for our efforts, for what we would call worship, is to gain pleasure and escape pain. We're still trying to serve the senses, is that right? If we could just go ahead and look at it, you know there's nothing we can do about it, we might as well see it flat footed. And truthfully quit lying to oneself. But we tell all sorts of reasons.  I do it because of my duty to God, and I do it because I love God, and I do it because I admire truth, and I do it for all these fancy reasons. All we're doing is looking for to gain pleasure and escape pain on all levels. We can tell ourselves that's everything we're doing is that we'll find a Transformation takes place.

No comments:

Post a Comment