Sunday, September 13, 2015

Goal seeking vs. purpose pt. 11

Now, when you get the degree, the next you got to get a practice established - so you set the goal of "I"ll sure be happy when I get a practice established." Then "I'll be happy when I get my office opened". Then, "I'll be happy when I get the bills paid off for school and the office and such"

(it takes a lot of time)

It's still chasin' the endless quest of goals. You never quite catch up with them. Now if you're purely interested in something, you don't care if you get a degree or not. So when you're enjoying this moment, I think you'd know a lot more that would be of use to you than you would if you just had to get that degree. We are so conditioned that the minute we enroll in school or even when we begin trying to get a school to go to, we're thinking, "I'll be happy when I can get a degree" Perhaps it's, "I'll be happy when I can get rid of that wife that's helping me get through" Have you ever heard of the PhT? It's the most common degree in the United States - the PhT put husband through. We want to be safe, so we think we have to have goals. So we even have a goal to have goals.

(We wouldn't be productive, would we?)

Oh, we got the ideal in there. I've heard lots of people say if you don't have goals you'll never get anywhere.

So we have never seen the fallacy - the joke of having all these goals. If we see the joke, then it doesn't keep talkin' back at us.

(intellectually?)

I'm talkin' about physical - doing. You know I kind of believe in those physical things. So we just said,'doing'. You see we always try to do it just in the mind without a body doing anything. You see we never use a purpose. We think when we get the goal, we can just drift.

(how do you pay your bills when you're drifting?)

You see your assuming that if you drop the goal you're drifting, but, you see, you've never looked at  purpose.

to be cont'd

No comments:

Post a Comment