Friday, September 11, 2015

Goal vs. Purpose pt.9

So when we can take one small look and see, "What we are doing?" Not what we should do or what we ought to do, but what am I doing now. I'm making goals. I'm setting up ideals and I'm chasing them, and thereby I'm completely miserable. And when I see that I'm chasing these self-projected ideals or goals, and I see the joke in that, I can lay it down this very moment.

It's like taking an ice pick and jabbing yourself with it every few minutes, and say I've got the awfullest pain here. So we literally have an pick pokin' ourselves every few moments driving to us towards the goal, huh?

(Yep, onward and upward)

Onward and upward - ever forward to the goal - miserable and more miserable every day.

So whenever we take a long solid look at "What am I doing?" I'm making me a goal and I'm chasing it all over the place. And when I've made the goal, I have put on all those illusionary have-to's. And then I'm so exhausted, I'm tired, and then I can't generate to do any of these things "I have to" the body rebels, X won't generate energy for "have-to's". It says, "You don't have to". So then you go on will power and determination from the sub-conscious mind ever pressing forward to the prize.

(for your prize?)

for a very excellent prize, the greatest land subdivision possible that there is. They built them and call them cemeteries. And that's the prize you get for pursuing a goal - one of those neat little condominiums-you know--where they stack them up. Or you can get you a whole little piece of real estate all for your very own - 4 foot wide and 7 feet long - it's your own private lot. You've purchased your property -- and then your family has to pay more to keep them from digging it up so there's more room to get more subdivision plots.

But why bother with it. What's the goal - what's the goal you're headed for?

(The only goal I have is to be non-disturbed. I don't need anything else).

Well you're not disturbed unless you disturb yourself, dear one. The best way in the world is to set you a little goal to be non-disturbed because you got to be on guard unless someone's gonna bug you.

(Well what goal do you need?)

I don't know as you need any goal.

(You don't? That's the only goal I ever have)

I don't think you even need that one. It doesn't matter what the goal is, it's basically to be non-disturbed, and of course we set 101 subdivisions in addition to that one.

To be cont'd

No comments:

Post a Comment