Saturday, September 12, 2015

Goal seeking vs. purpose pt. 10

So we start setting up a goal the day we were born and became a goal seeking, goal directed animal, and the goal does do the directing - not intelligence. We can cease any moment we please, any moment. You don't have to learn anything, you can cease this moment chasing the goal of being safe, non-disturbed or all the other many ways that you would care to express. At that moment you are at peace within yourself. Your peaceful with the environment, other people, and you're peaceful within.
That help?

It doesn't take a lot of intelligence. It doesn't take a lot of books or learning. But immediately we can have peace of mind, joy in living and expressing at this moment - instantly. It's quite a little thing when see the joke - the tremendous joke we have played upon ourselves when we set goals. And we have allowed other people to play this joke upon us because the only chance the other guy has to play one on us is when we think we're not gonna be safe. So then, I listen to his formula. And he's always got one for me from his conditioning which only complicates the conditioning in me. Now the only way this formula can be suggested to me is if I'm wanting to be safe or non disturbed, and I think maybe he's got a formula. So then, I buy it. Now I might blame you later, but I don't need to blame you Because I was the one seeking non disturbance.

So the minute I want to be safe, sound, and secure, I set up a goal for the future - I have then given anybody who wants it, charge of my inner state, is that right? They'll tell you, you have to do this, and you have to do that, and you have to do the other and then you'll be safe - but it will be much much later. So we can pursue that one as long as we want to, or we can wake up and drop it.

(What about someone in college and they want to be a doctor or a lawyer?)

He's also setting goals to have ulcers and belly aches and all the other stuff that goes with it. What is the purpose of going to school. Is it to get a degree, or to learn at the moment - to learn what's taught today. You know you can be there and just enjoy the instruction at the moment. So finally they'll give you a degree to get you out of there.

You don't have to have a goal. But we are firmly convinced that we have to have a goal. You don't just study to get the joy out of knowing all the things you might become acquainted with - you're going to get a degree, aren't you?

to be cont'd

No comments:

Post a Comment