Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Excerpt from Maryland '78 workshop

You see we have senses out here.  We hear, we smell, we taste, we touch. I cannot determine that entirely, can I?

Because then I would have to control everybody in the world and nature and I'd have to take over and I don't have time to be bothered with all that. It doesn't matter to me what I sense. Does it to you?

You got a sensing organism here and it's  nice to sense there - yeah and so on down the line. So I cannot choose everything I sense. I will hear sounds that I have no control of - I can't help when a siren runs up and down the street or not. I can't help whether somebody blows a whistle or somebody plays the piano real loud or whatever, okay? But I am in charge of my inner feeling; and that's the one thing I experience. The other I just sense anyway. I sense people using four letter words okay?

Audience : If they're people close to you, though, and you know that there's a certain violent mood that's created by that, how can you be so detached?

 I can, I don't know about anybody else. I don't see any reason to give anything or any person or a not I or a circumstance charge of my inner feeling. I think that's the one thing I'm responsible for and I determined a long time ago that I was going to feel serene or delightful or thankful or something inside.  I manage to carry it around part of the day, and I've been taking charge of that.

Now I can't lay that on you and say well you did something wrong and my inner feeling went to hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment