Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Goal vs purpose pt.6

It says, You have to be good or else I'll scream and holler so I'll be peaceful later.

A lady visited with us the other night and she said,"I'm sure everybody that saw me on the freeway yesterday thought I was crazy. I laughed like a fool all the way home when I saw what I was doing. I was acting like it was "my" highway and everybody was in my way."

And really we have played a tremendous joke on ourselves about trying to achieve peace of mind because we are firmly convinced that that can only be achieved when everything is going to our ideal, and we never stop to look for just a minute, that we have peace of mind right now, it's only that we have unconsciously put it into "then" and were going to get it and not see it is possible right "now".

 We're going to chase it - because we just love to have a chase - we got to go after it - so we go through all this commotion and noise and we chase it. And really, it's there every moment if I see the fallacy and illusion of the goal I've been pursuing.

What's  wrong with just being peaceful right now? I don't have to have a condition to be peaceful -
You want fussin', that's all right, I can still be peaceful or see what a joke it is. I can see what you're doing to try and be non disturbed, and when you truly look at it, I don't have to try and change you one little bit.

If the weather isn't exactly to my liking, so what. Now I can set an ideal that the temperature be exactly 79 degrees, the humidity 38 percent, and the wind one mile an hour out of the southwest. And that way I'll get myself all torn up.

I can make a goal that all the bills are paid. But as soon as I get the telephone bill paid, the gas bills come in. When I get that paid, the water bills come in, by that time the tax bills come in. But you see, we have a goal to get all the bills paid - right now - so there can be no peace of mind with that kind of goal. You'll get them all paid, but not quite because soon another one comes.


to be continued


No comments:

Post a Comment