Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Goal vs. Purpose pt.7

And then we have people make it a goal that they've got to have "something else" or "something new" because we've got to have all these "up to date" things in order to be happy, so we've got to  buy  a new car, new computer, whatever has been suggested.

I have a friend who says his credit is so bad that they'll hardly take his cash anymore.

So when you're not in debt, sometimes you can get very enthusiastically pursuing a way to get in debt, can't you? So when we get horribly in debt we're back to setting a goal to get out.

You've been working for months to get horribly in debt.

(Now I've got a plan of how to get out)

So you're still going. So do you see the tremendous joke we play on ourselves - we set up conditions - we mechanically react to "I'm not going to be peaceful with this or that".

One time I was in a Hotel in St. Louis at a big Holiday Inn, and the bill was getting pretty big. Now I did have just enough to pay for it. You know what? The Hotel burned down. Well the staff was standing outside and I said I wanted to check out. They said, "When did you come in?" I said, "Two weeks ago" They said, "Well, did you have one room?" I said, "Well that was so much a day" They said, "Did you have any bills?" I said, "Yeh, I signed the check" They said, "We'll send you a bill". And it's never come yet. So you see, there's all kinds of nice little things happen when you are peaceful.

To be continued..

No comments:

Post a Comment